Skip to main content

Valentine Paper Heart Door Decorations

Here is a great way to show love to your children for the month of February. I started doing this last year for my son and he enjoyed every minute of it. He liked it so much that every day he would be excited to see what I had written down. What am I talking about? Well, let me tell you...
Valentine's Paper Heart Door Decorations!
All I did was cut out these cute red, pink, white, etc. paper hearts and wrote down one thing that I love about my son. Then each day I would tape one paper heart to his bedroom door for him to see. By Valentine's Day, he had 14 of these awesome hearts on his door showing him some of the things that I love about him.
Since my daughter is a little bit older this year, she's only one- haha, I thought about doing this for her as well. This way, both of them can be excited about seeing some of the things I love about them the most.

All you need to do is find colored construction paper and cut out 14 hearts- one heart for each day of February until Valentine's Day. Get a marker and think of some of the best things about your kid(s) and write them down.

Here are a few ideas:
You are my best friend
I love you
You are a great brother (sister)
You are smart
You are kind
You give the best hugs
You are a great baseball player
You are funny
I love your smile

Once you write these down on the paper hearts, just store the hearts somewhere where your kids won't see them and pick the best time of the day (before they wake-up, after school, before bed, etc.) to put it on their door. Enjoy their response and watch how excited they get knowing how awesome you think they are. They will feel so special.

Make this your Valentine's tradition too. Your kids will be so thrilled, they will probably leave their paper hearts on their doors for months- mine did!

If you're really adventurous, make a heart for the entire month of February or save all of the hearts you made and put as many as you want on their door Valentine's morning so they wake up Valentine's Day with a surprise!

Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo
Nicole

Comments

Popular

Easy Vanilla Frosting

Have you ever wanted a simple, basic frosting that you can use over and over again? Maybe change it up a little every once in a while without having to get a whole new recipe? Wouldn't it be nice to have one recipe that tastes delicious, is easy, and doesn't take a lot of work to make? Well, we have what you are looking for. We love this recipe so much because it's simple and it tastes delicious! This frosting is very versatile. Once you're done making it you can toss in an ingredient of your choice to it to jazz it up and turn it into something special. You can add anything from fruit purees or jellies to melted caramel or even chocolate. Bam! A whole new frosting to use! Enjoy! This recipe will generously frost about 12 cupcakes, maybe a few more, or a small 6-inch cake. Ingredients 2 cups of unsalted butter, make sure it is at room temperature so it mixes well 4 cups of powdered sugar 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste (thi

Cutest Toddler Ever - Chicken Halloween Costume

I know it's too early for Halloween stuff, but I had to share this amazing costume my mom made my daughter. It's a chicken costume! And it is the best costume I have ever seen! Is this not the best little kid costume ever?! I can't get enough! Believe it or not, grandma made the whole costume by hand. Here's her secret: Supplies A lot of white feather boas (she used 20+ thin ones from the Dollar Store. You would likely need less if you purchased a better quality boa.) Two white long sleeve onsies Batting (this is stuffed between the two onsies for added plumpness) Yellow rubber kitchen gloves Crochet chicken hat Yellow leg warmers Steps: For the feathered bodysuit, place one onsie inside the other; stuff batting between them, and sew together at the necklines and leg holes so the batting doesn't come out. With your child wearing the bodysuit, drape boas across and around the body; and safety-pin in place as many boas as you want. The more